Brandon's Reviews > The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

19081
Dec 29, 2007

bookshelves: disaster, horror, reference, zombies, apocalypse, multiple-reads

This is one of the most original horror books I have ever read. It is totally mis-shelved in the humor section. Its serious tone make it that much more enjoyable for those of us who are fans of the horror, and specifically zombie, genre. If you enjoyed the brief stories at the end of the book I would urge you to run out and buy World War Z.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zombie Survival Guide.

Brandon I don't get it either.

Trevor Geez -- in our library system, the copy I ordered first ended up in the humor area of nonfiction before going into fiction. Another library had it in the 613s with the Worst Case Scenario Handbook and the other outdoor survival manuals. Hmm...maybe the cataloger who put it with the survival books knows details about the impending doom of the zombie apocalypse!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it's not very scary, so ... humor's appropriate. Science-fiction or horror would be a better fit.

message 4: by Natalie (last edited Dec 02, 2008 11:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Natalie Every bookstore I find myself in has it shelved under "humor" as well. I remain puzzled.