Fulya İçöz's Reviews > The Good Terrorist

The Good Terrorist by Doris Lessing

liked it

** spoiler alert ** This is my first reading of a Doris Lessing novel. I knew her from her short stories. The Good Terrorist would rather be a short story, too. As a novel, it avoids the economy of words. The beginning of the novel, the cause Alice has been fighting for and Jasper, is sucking her body and soul like a ferocious parasite, the beautiful delineation of theirs, for the lack of a better word, symbiotic relationship goes so well at the very beginning. All of a sudden, the novel loses its tempo and for a few chapters, the reader is exposed to some double-talk which genuinely does not contribute anything either to the discourse or the plot of the novel. Until Philip's death. The most vital point to me was the heart-to-heart dialogue between Alice and her mother. Dorothy's heartbreaking story as a woman and an incomplete individual was a kind of foreshadowing for Alice's future. Their similarities but most of all their differences would make them the figures of their somehow vicious circle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Good Terrorist.

Started Reading