Liza Wiemer's Reviews > Persuasion

3152001

bookshelves: arc

Cover: Absolutely GORGEOUS! ❤️❤️❤️

We have kissing like THIS:

Hold on to the edge of your seat, because PERSUASION takes you on a ride that will leave you breathless. Martina Boone does an extraordinary job weaving together history, magic, mystery, and modern times. She unspools questions like the Fire Carrier unspools his ball of flames across the river. Readers will swoon over Eight and Barrie, pray that they'll make it as a couple. Is Eight with Barrie because she wants him and he wants to give her whatever she wants? Is their love for each other real? Or is it because of the magical gifts each one has: Barrie's ability to find things and his ability to know what other people want.

The questions won't stop there. Readers are introduced to Obadiah and his magic. Who is he? Is he evil? What is his connection to the curse plaguing Cassie? And what is going on with Cassie? More games? What kind of persuasion is influencing these characters? Why did Seven break up with Pru years ago, when clearly he loves her? Why is Seven keeping secrets from Eight? Can the curse be broken? Will Barrie get to keep her gift? Will Eight be burdened by his??? Will the archeologists find the missing gold or something unexpected, perhaps evil, on the Colesworth estate?

The biggest question of all? WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!

So, take a breath . . .

Get comfort where you can . . .

And be patient. OKAY, I CAN'T BE PATIENT!

I absolutely, positively MUST have the third book in this series!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't read COMPULSION, get it now!

Fall in love with the history, Southern charm, romance, magic, mystery, rich scenes, clever, smart writing, and all those questions. (Oh! And I forgot to mention the food references!!!!!! I will be searching for recipes, just like the amazing COMPULSION Woopie pie cake Heidi from YA Bibliophile made for our Novel Cuisine Luncheon http://www.whorublog.com/2014/12/16/t... ! - which is once again mentioned in PERSUASION! Drool!)

Without any doubt, PERSUASION will be on my top-reads list of 2015!
Thank you so much to SimonTeen and Martina Boone for the advanced copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Persuasion.

December 1, 2014 – Shelved
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
May 11, 2015 – Started Reading
May 11, 2015 –
page 345
78.05% "Grab hold of your seats, my friends, because this is going to take you on an incredible ride! I am madly in love with this series and am dazzled by Martina Boone's ability to weave together history, magic, modern times, romance. One moment you're plunging into the ugliness of the Civil War, and then you're swooning over the kisses between Barrie and Eight. If you haven't read COMPULSION yet, DON'T WAIT!"
May 12, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
May 12, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Liza Wiemer I can't wait for this! COMPULSION is one of my top reads for 2014, so I'll be waiting for this one!

Martina Boone Liza wrote: "I can't wait for this! COMPULSION is one of my top reads for 2014, so I'll be waiting for this one!"

Thank you SO much for this. Sending you a giant hug and a whoopie pie cake! XO

Liza Wiemer Martina wrote: "Liza wrote: "I can't wait for this! COMPULSION is one of my top reads for 2014, so I'll be waiting for this one!"

Thank you SO much for this. Sending you a giant hug and a whoopie pie cake! XO"

I'm anxiously waiting for the 3rd book in the trilogy! I have PERSUASION on pre-order and COMPULSION is on my favorites shelf!!! xx