Cora Tea Party Princess's Reviews > Frozen Charlotte

Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell

5 Words: Family, Ouija, evil, dolls, isolation.

So, I didn't sleep very well last night. I kept waking up, sure that I could feel icy little hands grabbing at my legs.

This book is creepy and chilling. And it stays with you.

I loved the poisonous relationships, the twists and turns, the horror, the way I felt so scared. I loved it all. This is fantastic horror writing and everything is perfect, from the feelings of the characters to the isolated setting.

I liked the way that this book wasn't afraid of technology, that the characters had smartphones and it all started with an app.

This book had me spending an hour or so researching Frozen Charlotte dolls. How creepy are they?

I received a copy of this for free via NetGalley for review purposes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frozen Charlotte.

December 1, 2014 – Shelved
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
October 12, 2015 – Started Reading
October 12, 2015 –
6.0% "Well, that start just punches you in the face!"
26.0% "Oooh creepy!"
October 13, 2015 –
33.0% "I just spent half an hour looking up Frozen Charlottes. I've always found dolls pretty creepy."
October 13, 2015 –
50.0% "Ooh well that was unexpected!"
October 13, 2015 –
78.0% "Oh good lord, there is no way I'm sleeping tonight."
October 13, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Flora (Ludacris) Wow your review sure could need more substance.

Cora Tea Party Princess Flora (Win-chester.) wrote: "Wow your review sure could need more substance."

The hardest bit of reviewing for me is when I really like the book haha. It's like the word just don't come.

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Sounds like what I thought The Small Hand should have been.

Maddie I think there should be a sequel where like Jay faked his death to help Rebecca and a few dolls survived the fire and they are looking for the next victim and trying to get back at Cameron Lialas Sophie and Jay and Jay actually does ask Sophie to the dance and she says yes then the night of the dance something bad happens and they find out the dolls are back and the dolls are trying to release Pipers soul so that she can help them and Jay Sophie Cameron and Lialas do whatever it takes to stop them and the book could end with Jay and Sophie walking on the beach and at the end they kiss or or it could end with them at their café and they are holding hands and kiss or joke around just my thoughts

message 5: by Fran (new) - added it

Fran How do I actually start reading a book on here?

Cora Tea Party Princess Fran wrote: "How do I actually start reading a book on here?"

Hi Fran,
This is more of a book catalogue/social media site, if you want to read Frozen Charlotte you could buy it (it's on offer on Amazon at the moment) or maybe borrow it from your local library?

Alex Atock Hi, I read this book in January and have just been reading through various reviews (including yours obviously) and found I completely agree with you! I read it in three days, and both nights I found it hard to sleep, and continued to excessively search the frozen charlotte dolls! I also had read the poem through before actually reading the chapters and was freaked enough by that

Morgan Added these after seeing your review for one of them, and picked up Frozen Charlotte first. Definitely was glued to it for a few solid hours until it was finished! I totally did the same thing with looking up the dolls -- even creepier than they were in my head. *shudder*
So basically -- thanks for the rec!

Maddy 🤗 Alex, omg yas I had to read the poem at the top of each chapter to understand Charlotte a little more!