San Luthra's Reviews > Time Warped: Unlocking the Mysteries of Time Perception

Time Warped by Claudia Hammond

the marshmallow experiments and planning fallacy were my favorite topic I enjoyed reading. future thinking by keeping the past experience is useful to know.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Warped.

December 1, 2014 – Shelved
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 16, 2014 –
December 17, 2014 – Started Reading
December 17, 2014 –
December 18, 2014 –
8.0% "Emotions affect our time perception, if you are afraid or fighting or anxiously waiting with some anticipation time seems to pass by slowly but when we are happy, enjoying a moment, laughing on jokes, a dialogue between two people while travelling makes us feel time passed by quickly."
December 18, 2014 –
December 19, 2014 –
10.0% "Interesting learning: Could depression be disorder of time perception, or slowing of time is a consequence of depression, which then helps to maintain it and makes it harder to escape from. When a person is depressed the present and future becomes bound to one another in suffering. Time declaration is also experienced by anxious cancer patients."
December 20, 2014 –
December 22, 2014 –
December 22, 2014 –
December 23, 2014 –
December 23, 2014 –
December 24, 2014 –
21.0% "Weber's theory & the Attention Gate model"
December 24, 2014 –
21.0% "Weber's theory & the Attention Gate model"
December 25, 2014 –
23.0% "Tranquilizer Valium impairs both memory and time estimation skills, some kind of clock in brain that that counts time and is influenced by 3 key factors.i.e. attention, memory and emotion."
December 25, 2014 –
December 27, 2014 –
30.0% ""a crack of light between two eternities of darkness" -- Dryden"
December 28, 2014 –
page 149
January 1, 2015 –
46.0% "Hyperthymesia or Superior Autobiographical Memory is a condition in which person can remember everything very well."
January 4, 2015 –
50.0% "The reminiscence effect contributes, but to get closer to the heart of the acceleration of time we need to go back to the idea of novelty and its antithesis, monotony."
January 9, 2015 –
57.0% "while reading this book one thing I have realized I keep interest in knowing more about brain and genetics. previous book also talk about brain and so is this book : hippocampus, frontal lobe and anterior lobe and ther function and where they r located"
January 13, 2015 –