Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > Macaque Attack!

Macaque Attack! by Gareth L. Powell

Dec 01, 2014

bookshelves: read-2014

The monkey Ack-Ack Macaque and former journalist Victoria Valois is out to save the world. Also, Victoria must finally face the fact that she has to say goodbye to Paul and Ack-Ack learns that he is to be a father...

This is the third and last book in the Ack-Ack Macaque series and even though I looked forward reading this book did I have some trepidation about reading the last book in a series without reading the first two. But it went well, surprisingly well actually. I mean sure there was stuff from the first two books like the mentioning of the hive mind Gestalt, but it was very good explained in this book so I never really felt left out of the story. I actually got more interested in reading the first two books.

It was an action-filled book, a fast read with great characters and I recommend this to everyone that likes monkeys...lol and people that like action and adventure and a really well-written story!

Thank you Netgalley for providing me with a free copy for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Macaque Attack!.

December 1, 2014 – Shelved
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: want-to-read-2014
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 1, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley
December 4, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-netgalley-edelweiss
December 27, 2014 – Started Reading
December 27, 2014 –
10.0% "Enjoying this book even though I haven't read the first two books..."
December 28, 2014 –
20.0% "Yes there is lot of of thing happened in the past books, a lot of characters that just show up in the book. A lot of history between the characters that I'm getting a glimpse of. But still this book is really good!"
December 28, 2014 –
28.0% "And here she was on a parallel timeline, in a possibly radioactive dystopia, searching for her best friend—a rude, violent, ungrateful monkey, who smelled like a wet dog and drank like a fish—with only the electronic projection of her dead husband for company."
December 28, 2014 –
62.0% "At least I have my book when my cat wakes me up on too early...*waiting for him to go to sleep again*..."
December 29, 2014 – Finished Reading