Aanchal (Book Flame)'s Reviews > Lola Carlyle's 12-Step Romance

Lola Carlyle's 12-Step Romance by Danielle Younge-Ullman

bookshelves: 4-5-stars, contemporary-romance, 2015-read

4.5 Stars
Okay so I'm not going to lie when I first picked this book up I read maybe a chapter of it and put it back down and didn't really pick it back up until a few weeks later and I don't know but maybe when I picked it up the first time, I wasn't in the right mindset to read it but the second time around I stuck with it and really enjoyed the hell out of it.

Lola is flawed down to the core and she comes from parents who are very well known in the celebrity world with her dad being some big time producer and her mom a soap opera actress. Anyways her parents are a joke they have issues for days and the dad barely keeps in touch with her, so even though Lola may think she went to check herself into rehab over a made up drinking problem so she can help some long lost friend/crush named Wade she learns that maybe she is exactly where she needs to be not for someone else but for herself.

By the end of the book, Lola is not the same girl we met at the beginning she goes through some huge character growth and development. She really went through it in rehab, at first in denial that she should be there and giving the swoon worthy Adam some serious hell, she broke every rule she could but Adam was made for the job and had some serious patience when it came to Lola. Eventually, Lola broke down and started doing what was expected of her and that is when you saw her grow as a person.

The romance was really cute and the book definitely had it's funny moments along with touching on the subject of addictions. Overall I really liked it and highly recommend it.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lola Carlyle's 12-Step Romance.

November 30, 2014 – Shelved