Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)'s Reviews > Call Sign Karma

Call Sign Karma by Jamie Rae

Nov 29, 2014

bookshelves: netgalley, arc, military, 5-stars

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Tinklee is having a bad day. She's a bit drunk and is mad at the world...specifically karma. And just when she thinks things couldn't get any worse she meets Locke Sinclair. And when I say "meet" I mean she accidentally gives him a bloody nose and then practically knocks him out with her door. So yeah...not exactly a good first impression, but Locke doesn't seem to care. They two hit it off and spend the night together he leaves her an adorable note promising to take her out the next night and Tinklee can't wait. The next day Tinklee starts her new life as an Air force pilot and SURPRISE, Locke is her superior officer. A seriously good looking guy with a British accent...DAMN YOU KARMA!(I just want to mention that this is the second book I've read recently where there was a military man name Locke who I absolutely LOVED. See: Harper Sloan's book "Locke.")

This is a terrific debut novel from Jamie Rae. I chose to read it after another author recommended it and I am glad that I did. A lot goes on in the book. While Tinklee is trying to come to terms with what happens to her brother she is also trying to come to terms with her feelings for Locke. She has a lot of reservations about starting a relationship with him and not just because he is her superior. (view spoiler)

This book is filled with men that I want to know better. A lot of books I recently read have these awesome secondary characters that I want to know better. While fighting her feelings for Locke she befriends Ash, who wants more from Tinklee, but eventually comes to realize that she isn't the one for him. I can't wait to hear his story.

Then there are the other guys in her squadron. At first a few of them are put off by the fact that she is a woman, but they quickly come around. I really liked Stitch. He had been friends with her brother so he very quickly took on the role of her big brother. I'm not sure what the author's plans are for future books, but I hope we get to learn more about these guys.

This book is an emotional read. I laughed, cried (on the subway), gasped, cheered and "aw'd." You know....when something sweet happens in a book and you just can't help it....you "Aw" out loud. I like when that happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call Sign Karma.

November 29, 2014 – Shelved
November 29, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
November 30, 2014 – Started Reading
November 30, 2014 – Shelved as: netgalley
December 1, 2014 –
December 1, 2014 –
December 2, 2014 –
59.0% "I really need to stop getting so emotional....on the subway."
December 2, 2014 –
59.0% "I really need to stop getting so emotional....on the subway."
December 3, 2014 – Finished Reading
January 21, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
May 11, 2015 – Shelved as: military
May 11, 2015 – Shelved as: 5-stars

Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read) Why is it in books when a guy is named Locke, he is just the hottest thing? And then add an accent....I'M ALL IN.