K.J. Simmill's Reviews > Angel's Blood

Angel's Blood by Sallyann Phillips

I grew up reading LJ Smith, for those of you unfamiliar with her works she wrote such things as Night World, The secret Circle and the better known Vampire Diaries, amongst other titles. Even now, at my age I will return to my favourites because, until now, I had never found another author who had successfully taken the aspects I love in this kind of work, and combined it expertly. After reading Angel's blood, my former favourites have now been lovingly placed to one side as I find this author's writing style, plot and characters more real and engaging than those of my former favourite author, whose work I sadly feel I have grown out of.
The author shows fantastic talent in her craft, her writing style is such that it would satisfy such a wide range of readers, I initially planned to read this work just before Christmas, but after reading the first chapter I simply couldn't put it down, I literally stopped reading another book halfway through, which is very unusual for me.
I don't want to spoil anything of the well designed, compelling plot, so I will simply say that this is the kind of book you will have difficulty putting down, the characters are so well constructed that you feel as if you know them personally. Even if this genre isn't for you I strongly recommend reading it, there are so few examples of this style of book been done well and this is certainly one of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel's Blood.

Started Reading