Book Troll Real Escape's Reviews > Beggar Magic

Beggar Magic by H.L. Burke

32054131

Beggar Magic is one of the most refreshing pieces of fiction that I have read in a while. The book follows Leilani Weaver on her journey to living her dreams and becoming something that is beyond her “Common” status. Leilani’s life changes for the better, and for the worst, when she meets Zebedy, a “Highmost” girl who is so special that she can actually hear every word the “Strains”—the magical begins that help the people in Gelia—say. When they meet, you think that they are just two girls from different classes who will never see each other again. However, as they get to know one another they become best friends, and soon Zebedy is asking Leilani to be her assistant as she goes on to do her fellowship in one of the Highmost manors, which is where the higher classes learn their trades. But everything is not what it seems, and as the saying goes, “all that glitters is not gold,” and in this case, it is especially true.

This book is filled with suspense, tear jerking moments and even a little bit of romance. It is magical as well as being beautifully written. The book keeps you on your toes almost to the very end, and even though everything seems to resolve itself, there is enough room for a sequel, if the author chooses to do so. (Side note: I really hope that is the case, because I just loved it.) Beggar Magic is one of those books that you can read over and over again, and never get bored. I commend the author, and hope to see more soon.

So it is 5 out of 5 stars for Beggar Magic, and when it comes out on December 9th, you’ll be beggin’ for more! ~ Laura Del

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beggar Magic.

Finished Reading