Joanne Johnston's Reviews > Bright Side

Bright Side by Kim Holden

bookshelves: 2014, favorites, kim-holden, death, strong-women
Read 3 times. Last read August 13, 2018 to August 15, 2018.

Okay........ I have waited a few weeks before making my review......

Usually I am recommended a book or asked to review but i came across this purely by accident. Do you they say not to judge a book by its cover? Well i am sorry but people do and in this instance i just saw a bright orange cover that had the words 'Bright Side' in cute handwritten font.

So i gave it a go...... And in the words of Kate Sedgwick.... it was EPIC.

5 Stars all the way......

I hate hate hate female protagonists that are weak and fall in love easy blah blah blah-and no thats not me being a feminist thats just me knowing what i like in a book! Kate was funny, cool and just had a brilliant view on life hence her nickname Bright Side. So has had so much bad stuff happen to her but she remains happy throughout.

Gus...... sounds hot. he does. he's a musician in a band??? His relationship with Kate was amazing and id love to have a hot best friend like him.

Keller..... not going lie i am team Gus but Holden cant help but make me love him too especially when we find out about Stella!

I dont want say much more except please read it!!!!

I have recently recommended my best friend to read it and she nearly killed me for the emotional roller coaster i put her on!

You will need...... a quiet house, a good couple of uninterrupted hours, wine, chocolate and tissues!!!!!

Joanne

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bright Side.

Quotes Joanne Liked

Kim Holden
“Reading is an escape from the outside world. Everyone needs a little of that to keep their sanity.”
Kim Holden, Bright Side