Alisa's Reviews > Hard Act to Follow

Hard Act to Follow by K. Vale

liked it
bookshelves: zz-2014, m-m-read, interracial-couple

*I received this book as a part of the Don't Buy My Love Program in exchange for an honest review*

This is the third book in the Shooting Stars series. We had seen Kyrie in the previous book. In this story we see him and his best friend Greg. Not only is Greg straight but he is also Kyrie's ex brother in law. Ooh...good angsty stuff. I loved the first half of this book. We see the story from both of their points of view. They each realize they are in love with each other but they are afraid of losing their friendship. They have one drunken night together and that makes things even worse between them. I was completely smitten with the story through this part. Then we moved on to the events that cause them to admit their feelings. It was all very anti-climatic. I was expecting it to be more emotional with the build up they had. But I was still ok with everything because now they were having sex and they were smoking hot together. My problem came with the last 25% or so. There was no real discussion about what being together meant. There was no real discussion about Greg going from straight to being with a man. There was no discussion about how to tell the people in their lives and/or discussion about how those people would react. When we finally got to the scene where Kyrie tells his family it was just a quick-oh we're having sex now- and everyone was all "Oh that's nice". Seriously? YOU ARE EX BROTHER IN LAWS NOW IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP!! I really wish there would have been as much time and detail put in to this part of the story as there was into the first half. This last part was such a let down for me. This book had the potentional to be a great gfy story. I got my rating by averaging how much I liked the first half in to how much I did not like the last part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Act to Follow.

November 27, 2014 – Started Reading