Megan's Reviews > Seduced by Moonlight

Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K. Hamilton

Jul 14, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, own
Read from May 06, 2011 to November 02, 2016

** spoiler alert ** In this installment of the Merry Gentry series, her and the boys are packing up and heading back to the Sithen for the Yule Ball. She is making her first stop in her own court of the Unseelie Sidhe and will then be heading the the Goblin Mound and the Seelie Court. This book takes place in the Unseelie Court where is seems someone is yet again trying to kill Merry so that she has no chance to hold the throne. Unbelievable enough it isn't Cel trying to do her in this time. I won't give away the ending but I wasn't at all surprised by what had ocurred. Except that they tried to get Andais to kill of her guards in the process. I can understand someone going after Meredith because throughout both courts she is seen as weak and less than sidhe but to essentially poison the Queen of Air and Darkness was just a dumb move. You kind of have to admire the balls they had in even attempting such a thing.

I love all the power that is coming back to the Sithen because Merry is there. As I think I've mentioned in a previous review of one of the Merry books, I love all of the fae lore that LKH incorporates into this story. As much as folks go on and on about no plot, and no characters, and too much sex, and yada yada yada, the story does have it's own brand of plot and the characters are better then in some of the 'literature' I've read. The lore that LKH weaves into this story just makes me giddy with excitement. When she writes it, it doesn't sound like make believe it seems like it is just a part of history and it is just as real as regular ole mundane history.

I also like that LKH brings in some of the Celtic names for the gods. What can I say? I'm a history nut who loves ancient myth and having all of the old world terminology is fantastic. I hope that at some point in the series we get more of that as all of the Sidhe's powers slowly return. I was also pretty excited to see Rhys get over some of his prejudice and to see Kitto grow as a character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by Moonlight.

11/02/2016 marked as: read