Casey's Reviews > Tempted by His Best Friend

Tempted by His Best Friend by Cari Quinn

bookshelves: favorites, romance, reviewed-2014

Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Tempted by His Best Friend was previously released as a part of the Lovers Unmasked anthology, but is now available individually. As soon as I read the blurb and saw the sexy new cover, I absolutely had to read this one. Cari Quinn did a fantastic job with this novella, and I loved every bit of it! It was sexy and fun, while also having the emotional connection I was looking for between the hero and heroine. I highly recommend this story, and I can't wait to read more from Cari Quinn!

Stephanie is tired of going unnoticed by her best friend Landon. She has had feelings for him for awhile, but over the past year he has been pushing her away. Though she wants more, she also misses the easy friendship they used to share. Determined to finally catch his attention, she dresses up as a sexy fox with a mask to keep her real identity hidden. Can Stephanie finally show Landon what they could have together beyond just friendship, or will she ruin her chance with him for good when the truth comes out?

I really liked Landon and Stephanie. They both had started to have feelings for one another more than friendship, and neither of them knew what to do about it. So instead of talking about, Landon avoided Stephanie and she kept quiet. I really wanted these two to sit down and have a conversation and just be honest with one another. It was clear that they were attracted to one another, and they already had the base for a great relationship with being as close as they were. Landon was afraid of his desires being too much for Stephanie though, and I could tell that he was struggling with how to try and put aside what he was feeling. He might have made the wrong choice in pushing her away, but he thought he was doing what he had to. Stephanie definitely made the wrong choice in what she did, but I also understood why she did it. Even when she tried to take things further with him when he knew it was her, he kept trying to stop things between them. These two were so hot together though, that I knew they had to find a way to let everything go and take the risk.

Overall, this was a really fantastic story! I loved the characters, and I was so invested in the story that I absolutely could not put this one down! I read it in one sitting because it was super steamy and I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I loved Landon and Stephanie and seeing them take their friendship to the next level, but I also really loved their best friend Craig! I really hope that Cari Quinn gives Craig a story as well, because I would love to know more about him! I think that this story is a must read for those looking for something short and sexy, and it had everything that I was looking for in a great book. I am excited to read more from Cari Quinn in the future.

**Review Copy Provided by Author**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempted by His Best Friend.

November 26, 2014 – Shelved