Asmodean's Reviews > Containment

Containment by Christian Cantrell

Jul 14, 2010

This book surprised me. Mr. Christian Cantrell has written a very deliberately paced and methodical Sci-Fi thriller. I enjoy books that are heavy on the action and light on the explicative content. To give you an idea of what I mean, I'll give an example...Action is anything from a fast jog to a full run. Explicative is anything from baby steps to a brisk walk. Containment is a brisk walk that ended up feeling like a fast jog.

You will get a lot of information as pages are dedicated to revealing how computer systems function and the history of the universe--in the context of the story. There are action scenes that jar you out of the explicative with such force, I found myself needing to stop for a breather before continuing. However those scenes are few and used in such a way that they are both shocking and powerful. What I found surprising is that I thoroughly enjoyed the brisk walking pace of this novel. As I turned page after page I wondered why I wasn't bored, and bored I was not. I found myself flipping through the pages enjoying every detailed explicative moment of Containment.

I will not go into any plot outline as I figure that if you're reading my review, you have already looked at the book. If you haven't, you'll be opening a new tab to investigate it on your own. I highly recommend Containment and if you like Thrillers, Sc-Fi, and methodically researched and written books, READ CONTAINMENT. You will be glad that you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Containment.