Brenda's Reviews > Tell the Truth

Tell the Truth by Katherine Howell

4.5s

Rowan Wylie was a paramedic who worked with Stacey Durham, so when he drove into Playland in Homebush with his granddaughter, Emelia for her usual treat, he was a little surprised to see Stacey’s car in the carpark in front of nearby buildings. But when he checked the car out, he was shocked to see what looked like blood on the front passenger seat – and a lot of blood at that.

Detective Ella Marconi and her partner Detective Murray Shakespeare were quickly on the scene; with forensics checking to see if the blood was human, she knew she had to organise the team to work immediately. With a missing paramedic, not seen or heard from since the day before, and a frantic husband who had been in Melbourne until that morning, she knew she had to hit the ground running. The first twenty four hours would be crucial…

But when James received a text message from Stacey’s phone stating that he would never see her again if he didn’t “tell the truth”, James was shocked. He didn’t know what the person was talking about. He was frantic – he loved his wife of five years; he couldn’t possibly imagine a world without her in it. So why wasn’t Ella convinced?

Ella was frustrated – it seemed the deeper she dug the more questions she found. Where were the answers she needed so badly? With family issues clouding her thoughts, and her partner’s upcoming nuptials in a few days, she knew she needed to focus. Would they find Stacey before it was too late? Would they find the perpetrator?

Aussie author Katherine Howell has done it again! I love the protagonist in this series and am always looking forward to the next. Filled with twists and turns, it has a fast pace and great plot. A small issue I found though; it was a little hard keeping track of all the secondary characters. Having said that, I have no hesitation in recommending Tell the Truth highly and am looking forward to #9 in the series.

With thanks to TRR and the publisher for my copy to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell the Truth.

November 25, 2014 – Shelved
January 5, 2015 – Shelved as: mystery
January 9, 2015 – Started Reading
January 10, 2015 – Shelved as: own-read
January 10, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Carolyn Great review Brenda! Must get back to this series as I really enjoy it (think I'm up to number 6).

Brenda Thanks Carolyn! I enjoyed it once again:)

David Just finished this one and I agree completely with you regarding the secondary characters.

Brenda It's sad that she has finished writing (hopefully only for the time being) as I love this series!

David I did read that the publisher pulled the plug at 8 books and that Katherine was hoping to go to 10. I too hope she continues at some point. The series was certainly an enjoyable, and high quality one, and the paramedic angle was unique.

Brenda I saw that she has started studying for a degree of some sort I think; that's one of the main reasons for her writing hiatus... but I could be wrong. And yes an unusual plotline, but definitely workable!