Gemma Weir's Reviews > Private Performance

Private Performance by Reese Galloway

Check out more of my review on my blog http://gemmareadstoomuchforittomenorm...

3.5 Stars

Private Performance is book #1 in the Sleight of Hand series, this is the first book I have read by this author and I was gifted both book #1 & #2 in exchange for honest reviews so here goes....

This is a novella length story so a super quick read and only a quick insight into the characters.

I’m going to be honest and say I didn’t really warm to Ellaine, she just seems like a bit of a miserable cow. I’m hoping that her character with grow on me as I did enjoy the premise for the story.

Now Xander is a completely different kettle of fish, I instantly thought he was adorable, he’s a hunk of a man who is a magician (weirdly this is totally hot) and he’s also a bit tortured. I really liked him and now I need to know what happened to make him quit magic!!

There is one seriously intense sex scene in this novella, in places it’s a little awkward but still very hot!!!

I feel like this series has loads of potential, I liked the connection between Ellaine and Xander, my only concern being that I just feel he’s a bit too cool for Ellaine who seems like a bit of a geek!!

Never the less I’m looking forward to the next instalment in this series 3.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Private Performance.

November 25, 2014 – Started Reading