Linda's Reviews > The Choice

The Choice by Edith Layton

3919132
Jul 12, 2010

bookshelves: keeper, regency-romance, wonderful-hero, hero-fell-in-love-first, readers-35-yrs-older, why-i-love-romances, my-all-time-favorites, deliciously-entertaining, 1800s-period-of-history, wonk-romance, series
Recommended for: those who love regency romances
Read on July 01, 2010

The second in a series by Edith Layton, THE CHOICE follows THE CAD. Damon had made his monies overseas in America and has finally returned home. Considered one of the catches of the season he is now looking for a wife. Caught defending Miss Gillian 'Gilly' Giles he tries to save her reputation and tells the ton that they are engaged. Though they barely know each other and initially believe the farce will end, Damon realizes he couldn't do any better. Gilly, on the other hand, has no appetite for marriage and only continues the charade because she believes it will end without the engagement being followed up.

Little do either realize how their feelings will change. This is a sweet romance with a hero that most women would cherish. Gilly has loved the Earl of Drummond since she was twelve. He returns after being gone for some time to find that Gilly is now grown up and realizes he cares for her deeply. Another character, Lord Wycoff, has also developed a fondness for her and wants her at his side. Finding things have always come easily to him, Damon knows that he has to earn Gilly's love and so he perseveres. The question is, who will win her love?

This is one of those rare times when the hero loves completely before the heroine knows what she wants. Ms. Layton does a great job of making the reader care about the characters of the story, both good and bad. You will want to know what happens to the others when you finish the narrative. Both fascinating and enjoyable, be prepared to make time to read this wonderful regency. You will be glad you did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Choice.

04/08/2016 marked as: read

Ririn I thought I have liked this wonderful review years ago!

Linda Thank you, Ririn. :) That reminds me to pull the series off my bookshelf and read all of the books now that I have them.