Mira's Reviews > Onyx

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: young-adult

Okay, I am hooked. This is book 2 in the Lux series. New characters are introduced in a fun earth/alien world along with government overtones (Blake - new boy who is seems interesting and will cause some riffs & Department of Defense). Katy is thrown into the mix of 'different' and in typical teen fashion is trying to figure out how she fits in. There is more world building in this book, further character developments and story arc.

If you like the scifi and romantic plots and relationship twist (mother/daughter/sisters/friends/boyfriends) you'll enjoy this book. I would highly recommend reading this series in order, but I do think the author catches you up quickly if you missed out on Obsidian (book #1).

Really fun adventure so far - so of course I fed my Kindle with the last 3 books in the series.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Onyx.

Quotes Mira Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon was a total babe, but he was stab-worthy, which at times zeroed out the babe part. Not always, though.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Dogeared pages were Antichrist of book lovers everywhere.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I nodded, wondering how one person could single-handedly ruin everything within a minute. It was a talent.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It’s not me I’m worried about. If they think you blew a satellite out of orbit, they could see you as a threat.”
“Of they could just think I’m that awesome.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Jesus.” Blake rubbed his throat. “You have anger management problems. Its like a disease.”
“There’s a cure and it’s called kicking your ass.”

November 22, 2014 – Started Reading
November 22, 2014 – Shelved
November 23, 2014 – Finished Reading
June 3, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Mira Yep, I devoured it, yummy!

Rachel E. Carter Daemon Black and Blake the Flake, priceless!

Mira Oh I like that, Blake the fake - priceless! I figure there is more to all of it. Will, Dawson & Bethany. Great adventure for sure.