Angie's Reviews > Toe to Toe

Toe to Toe by Sammie Grace

liked it
bookshelves: ri-authors, contemporary, romance

Synopsis: "Freelance book editor, Christine Davies, was excited to leave her noisy condo complex in Boston to spend a quiet summer in Cozy Harbor, Rhode Island. She planned to soak up the sea air and make a dent in her backlog of work.
What she wasn’t counting on was having a surprise housemate! A sexy, drop-dead, gorgeous, hunky sea captain named Jack Quinn.
Living with sex in a pair of topsiders was a distraction she didn’t need. Legend has it that Jack’s a typical sailor. The sea is his only mistress and he has a girl in every port.
If she gave into temptation, would she be just another one or could she be the one to turn him into a landlubber? With all the crazy people at the marina cheering her on, could it be possible?"

My Review: I really enjoyed the previous book in the Cozy Harbor series and was glad I picked this one up at the same time. Toe to Toe did start out rather abruptly, almost too abruptly for my liking, I felt like I was missing a prologue or introduction. I did once again really enjoy the characters and felt like I really connected with Christine (especially considering her job, which happens to be a dream job for nearly every reader). I loved the little snippets of the stories she was editing through out the book, it really drew you into the story more and made you feel like you were there. Even with all these little touches to bring you into the story for some reason I was still left feeling a little disconnected with the story. Maybe with a little more of a flow with the sentence structure or descriptions it might have felt a little more real to me, but maybe this will work for another reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Toe to Toe.

November 22, 2014 – Shelved