Alex's Reviews > The Dark Highlander

The Dark Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

Jul 12, 2010

I have to preface this one by saying that I never do historicals when it comes to romance. I've taken a stab at a few, but the setup of it was just never really my cup of tea. I prefer the contemporary sense of humor and spark between the lady and lad when it comes to how I take my romance. That being said, the reason I jumped into this one was for one big reason --- I'm over the moon in love with Moning's other series, The Fever Series, which happens to be just a bit tangled with these Druids and Highlanders. So in wanting to uncover tidbits and fill my Fever void I picked this bad boy up, pretty much resigned to searching out anything that could connect back to the modern story I both know and love.

This bad boy was great all on its own. And I know a big part of it was that it's not REALLY a historical despite the Highlander because he's in Manhattan circa now and happens to have 13 ancient, evil Druid spirits stuck in him for violating the compact with the Fae, something that occurred in the last book, which I didn't read but didn't in any way take away from this one.

Dageus is smokin' hot. Chloe at first seems pretty predictable, but actually developed into a bonafide character that held her own against her bigger than life mate. I loved the banter between these two. I loved the way in which she eased the darkness in him. And believe you me I was picking up on plenty of things to soothe the Fever withdrawals. This book was great fun, and got me all tied up in knots over the Druids.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Highlander.