Bunny's Reviews > Rescue Ink: How Ten Guys Saved Countless Dogs and Cats, Twelve Horses, Five Pigs, One Duck,and a Few Turtles

Rescue Ink by Rescue Ink

1519823
Jul 12, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-10
Recommended to Bunny by: Mina
Recommended for: Animal lovers with a strong heart
Read from July 12 to 16, 2010

I stayed up late last night to finish the last 100 or so pages. I see this book is consistently recommended for animal lovers. While I agree this is an animal loving story, it is not the perfect book for this one.

I'm possibly the most soft hearted animal lover in the world. I cry when I accidentally step on snails. Well, maybe not cry, but I have severe remorse. It's a horrible way to live, btw. You try swerving around frogs on a rainy night in Louisiana.

This book made me cry. Almost exclusively from start to finish. It was bad. Just blubbering, non stop.

This book is beautiful. Not only for the incredible stories of animal love and rescue, but also for the profiles of each one of the men (and one woman) involved in Rescue Ink itself. I will be in New York next month, and I've already informed my caretaker up there that I desperately want to find these guys and hug each and every one of them.

The stories are just horrifying. These guys may be big and burly and scary looking, but they have remarkable anger management. I don't think I could be as strong as they are, and I don't mean my much less substantial muscle mass.

But the stories with positive endings, such as Ribbon or Spike, made all the sobbing worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescue Ink.

Quotes Bunny Liked

“Cat rescue is like a virus," says Des placidely about the cat obsession that has taken over his life. "And once you're infected, it's incurable.”
Denise Flaim, Rescue Ink: How Ten Guys Saved Countless Dogs and Cats, Twelve Horses, Five Pigs, One Duck,and a Few Turtles

“I hated cats. I was a dog lover," Des says with a shrug. "What's the point of a cat? They're not affectionate. But that's because it's not my cat. I mean, your wife wouldn't jump on my lap. That's because she's your wife, not mine. Until you have your own cat, you really don't understand.”

“If a person fights, that's their own choice," Angel says. "But getting two roosters to fight or two dogs like pit bulls to fight, the animals don't have a choice there. They can't decide not to fight.”

07/13/2010 page 51
20.0% "No more. No more reading this at work. I can't stop crying. Home book ONLY."