Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)'s Reviews > November 9

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary-romance, favorite-author

Slow clap photo: just slow clap it out justslowclapitoutjennamarbles.gif

Well played CoHo...Well played You had me there for a second. For a second I was Angry. I wasn't sure what to do with my life. One word..Jordyn... For those of you who have read this book you understand to which point in the book I am referring to. Yes that was extinguished quick but still....

"Goals are achieved through discomfort and hard work.". "Youth and beauty fade. Human decency does not." Those will forever become my new life rules.

I will admit I was completely hooked until we got to Ben's book. I knew CoHo was going to toss a wrench in the story at some point, with her books that is inevitable. I agree the ending felt rushed, there was a few items I would have liked to read a little more about. Daddy? Oliver? Is it too much to ask for an epilogue???

I absolutely loved Mommy Fallon's advice. She needs to work on finding herself before she gets lost in someone else. Ben was a basket case, and Fallon had her own issues that were worked on so thoughtfully. Each person made the other better which I LOVE!!!

2015 Favorite

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read November 9.

November 21, 2014 – Shelved
November 21, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read
December 2, 2015 – Started Reading
December 2, 2015 –
page 0
0.0% "Eeeeek finally I get to read me some CoHo!!"
December 3, 2015 –
12.0% "Why oh why do I have to have a job that frowns upon reading at my desk"
December 4, 2015 –
59.0% "No. Oh CoHo. No no no no no Why!?!? No no no no no no no no no no NO NO NO!! I can't even."
December 4, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
December 4, 2015 – Finished Reading
March 21, 2017 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
March 21, 2017 – Shelved as: favorite-author

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" Great and intriguing review Meagan. As I've not read the book yet, it remains a mystery but I can see it made you feel strong emotions ;) I just hope there is a HEA...

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great review, Meagan!;)

Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog) Thanks! It was filled with emotions! And I-want-to-punch-you-in-the-face ....with a chair anger :-D tis but the life of a book worm!

Jennifer I need an epilogue like she gave us with Ugly Love! Great review, we felt the exact same way. Just have to get this off my chest, WTH is wrong with Jordyn, Ben is her brother in law, I was so grossed out just thinking about them together.

Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog) Right!!!! I about tossed my kindle out the window and sent a nasty-gram to CoHo herself!! What is wrong with both of them! Even their effed up story on "using each other" was unacceptable! And it may have ruined the book from that point on for me.

Jennifer What really messed me up was Ben's mom. I couldn't get her out of my head and I didn't really appreciate that ending because I was still hung up on that. That's why I needed an epilogue to truly feel that their relationship will work out and they will have their HEA.

Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog) I agree. I did not appreciate the ending either. I kind of also hated that Fallon's dad was mostly innocent, why hype him up to be such an asshole?? I am a sucker for a happy ending, and there was so much pain that seemed like after thought climaxes that I could have done without. It didn't make me understand Ben more, at all. His mom was selfish, no matter what her reasoning. As a parent I couldn't imagine.

Jennifer I hear you. I felt that making us hate Fallon's dad would make it totally believable for us to feel his negligence was the cause of her scars. Another thing that grossed me out was that Ben and Jordyn were sleeping together in the same room he found his mom. Ugh, that's sick.