Courtney's Reviews > The Talk: What Your Kids Need to Hear from You about Sex

The Talk by Sharon Maxwell

F 50x66

I see a book like this, and I think, okay; there will be some good info, but I'll have to wade through a lot of bias and skewed perspective and it will mostly be a waste of time. And I am SO WRONG.

This woman has insight and clarity, and she comes from what feels like exactly where I'm sitting--she doesn't apologize for religious beleifs or a stance that is really against the general world's. She takes all the things you really hope your kids will do and be, and then gives you tools to take them there. She's so reasonable and compassionate. She backs up everything you've ever thought on the subject of parenting in general, and I just want to sing the praises of this book all day long! I recommend this as good reading for any parent of any kid at any age. I intend to read it again to be sure I really internalized it. Read it.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Talk.

Started Reading
July 11, 2010 – Shelved
July 11, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Jaycee Limutau Thanks Courtney! I'm always looking for a good 'sex' book! All joking aside I really do appreciate knowing there is a good book out there
to help me answer and talk about this important subject!
On a different note, I know you guys are so good with reading to your kids and I've recently read Maniac Magee and LOVE it and think
your kids would like it too. Just to add to the thousands of other books on your 'to read' list! =)

Courtney One of my favorites--read it a few years ago to the kids. Thanks for letting me know--I am always looking for good stuff!