Jessica Phillips's Reviews > Ballad: A Gathering of Faerie

F 50x66
Jul 11, 2010

liked it
Read in June, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Well, I really enjoyed Lament and I wasn't expecting such a change in this book. I liked that the book was written in James perspective alot, but I had no idea what the heck was going on with Deirdre.

I really wish they had still been good friends so we could have gotten the whole story about what was going on with her. Plus, I always wanted James and Dee to hook up, even though I really liked Nuala.

That whole thing with trying to figure out where Luke fit in to the story was really confusing to me. So did Brenden miss lead her, to think the Queen's consort was Luke or did she really see LUKE? I thought Brenden's group was on the same side as Deidre and James. And if she never did see Luke, then why not? Didn't he become a part of Brenden's group?
I had no Idea where the ending left Deirdre. And are they back to being best friends or what? ( I hope so)
To sum it up, I was kind of dissapointed in Ballad. But If there are more books that come after.... I will probably change my mind because, hopefully, it will make sense of what I read about Dee in this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ballad.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mal (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mal That how I feel! Where in the heck is Dee!