Michael's Reviews > I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood

I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry

Jul 11, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from July 11 to 15, 2010

Dave Barry returns with a new collection of humor essays. Written since his retirement from the humor column business, Barry is allowed to write on a subject for as long as he'd like. And, for the most part, it works. Some of the essays overstay their welcome like most SNL skits, these days, but when Barry is on a roll, he's still one of the funniest guys alive.

His parodies of "24" and "Twilight" are perfect, though it's a bit sad to think we'll not see more of Jack Bauer.

The best essay is one that was previously published about Dave getting his prostate examined. At times hysterical, at times touching and at times thought-provoking, the essay is Barry at his best and makes the collection worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Mature When I'm Dead.

07/11/2010 page 43
06/14/2016 marked as: read

message 1: by Jim (new)

Jim I used to follow his column & tried reading one of his books. Unfortunately, my sense of humor trips out way too soon for an entire book. One my favorites was the rant against shrink wrap.