A.B. Gayle's Reviews > Catch Me When I Fall

Catch Me When I Fall by John  Wiltshire

bookshelves: shelf-32, humor

What a wonderful book, but the cover is all wrong. It should have angel wings and an Irish wolfhound! I had no idea what to expect when I bought and read this. I'd just finished reading the first book Love is a Stranger in the series about an ex SAS guy and a Spetznaz (which brought back many memories of Special Forces) so I was expecting a bit of the same.

This story is also about an ex-soldier but it is starts off as an amusing comedy, but morphs into something more serious which brought tears to my eyes. Once again there is an adorable wolfhound, but this time being owned by a park Ranger whose job it was to reintroduce wolves into a National Park.

It's a story about a man acknowledging the truth about himself and finding love along the way.

It all starts when his guardan angel falls to earth outside his back door and his life is never the same again.

I could explain the plot and the characters, but I think part of the charm of this book was that I didn't know what was going to happen next and I was kept guessing right to the end. Thoroughly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catch Me When I Fall.

Finished Reading
November 19, 2014 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Simon This is the only JW I haven't read and the Angel aspect puts me off, because I don't believe, I have no faith and, well...angels? Convince me please.

A.B. Gayle Religion doesn't feature. This angel is more a mythical, magical being. If you take it too seriously, the ending is quite disturbing. If you disconnect from reality and see it more as allowing something good and unexpected to happen, then it is fun. Almost allegorical.

Simon A.B. wrote: "Religion doesn't feature. This angel is more a mythical, magical being. If you take it too seriously, the ending is quite disturbing. If you disconnect from reality and see it more as allowing some..."

Well, as religion doesn't feature, I'll perhaps give it a go ;)