Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)'s Reviews > A Darker Past

A Darker Past by Jus Accardo

bookshelves: 2014, demons, magic, paranormal, 2014-nov, witches

Also posted on: The Shadow Realm

A fabulous sequel, this book was just as exhilarating as the first. I am seriously loving these books and one of main things I love is the snark and biting wit of the characters. Especially Jessie. I seriously love that girl, she is just all kinds of awesome. It was fun watching the relationship between her and Lukas develop more. They are a great couple and couldn't be more perfect for each other. They had some really sweet and some really intense moments and it was fun watching them bicker over how far to take things as Lukas is so old-fashioned.
A character that I am growing a bit of a soft spot for is Valefar. He may be Jessie's "Master" now, as he likes to remind her, but there's more to him than meets the eye. I'm definitely eager to find out more about him in the next books and learn how deep his ties to the Darker family runs.

Like in book #1, there was plenty of action and some really kick-ass scenes. Never a dull moment to be had. There was also lots of twists and turns and shocking truths revealed which just had me glued to my kindle. I was hooked! And I really loved the connections between past and present that were unveiled. It was really interesting learning more about the Darker ancestors.
The book ended with dozens of questions still to be answered so I can't wait for book #3 to see what is to come next for Jessie and gang. The wait is killing me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Darker Past.

November 19, 2014 – Started Reading