Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)'s Reviews > Little White Lies

Little White Lies by R.C. Matthews

Nov 19, 2014

bookshelves: arc

This is a gem of a book, by an unknown (to me) author. I didn't know what to expect when I began this story and was surprised how it ended too (in a good way) It is the kind of book that just leaves you with a smile on your face after you've finished the final words.

The story begins on a cruise ship. Madelyn is on her honeymoon without the groom she jilted at the altar the previous day. Her sister persuades her to ignore what people may think and just enjoy the holiday. Royce is taking a break from work on the orders of the board of directors. Rest and relaxation are his only plans for the coming week. That is until he meets Madelyn.

Right from the very beginning Madelyn and Royce seemed destined to be together. Their easy relationship is relaxed, romantic and sexy! They complimented each other and at times I had to remind myself that they'd only been around each other a few days. Being so comfortable together allows them to deceive their fellow guests about their supposed marital status because Madelyn had forgotten she'd arranged to dine at the newlyweds table! Other on-board and ashore antics are amusing, romantic and fun too. They are accompanied on their holiday adventures with other guests, couples who all become firm friends. It isn't until the cruise is over and everyone heads back to reality, that Madelyn and Royce get to prove whether their relationship will stand the test of time or if it is just a holiday fling.

Little White Lies is well written and R.C. Matthews is an author I'm going to look out for in the future. The interaction between all the characters flows beautifully and the descriptions of life on-board the cruise-liner paint a believable picture.
I recommend this book to anyone looking for some light and humorous escapism, with a luxury cruise-liner as the backdrop, good food and guests who are known to be slightly economical with the truth.

***arc received courtesy of the publisher in exchange for an honest review***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little White Lies.

Started Reading
November 16, 2014 – Finished Reading
November 19, 2014 – Shelved
November 19, 2014 – Shelved as: arc

☆ Sammy ☆彡 Wonderful review, Lynn! :)