BJ Rose's Reviews > Seeing a Large Cat

Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters

2030200

bookshelves: adventure, audiobooks, cozy-mystery, series

Ramses is all grown up, and is sporting a mustache to prove it. Unfortunately, Mother Amelia is not impressed; he's growing up much too fast to suit her. But that's the extra appeal in this story for the reader - along with the addition of the excerpts from Manuscript H that add his perspective to these adventures.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seeing a Large Cat.

July 10, 2010 – Shelved
July 10, 2010 – Shelved as: adventure
July 10, 2010 – Shelved as: audiobooks
July 10, 2010 – Shelved as: cozy-mystery
July 10, 2010 – Shelved as: series
August 22, 2010 – Started Reading
August 25, 2010 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish This sounds like it might be an interesting and entertaining series. Are all the previous books good, BJ?

BJ Rose They're fun to read - they've all been strong 3* & 4* reads for me. (I listen to them because I love the narrator who reads them). Amelia Peabody is an excellent Egyptologist and a dyed-in-the-wool feminist who thinks men are pretty much useless, until she meets Radcliffe Emerson in the first book Crocodile on the Sandbank. I love the battling for one-upmanship between the two of them, and then Ramses, the child prodigy, came along - well, what else would two Egyptologists call their son?! - which put Amelia in a one-against-two situation, but she feels up to it as long as she has her parasol (there's a story or two behind that!) There's a murder mystery in each book to give them something to battle in-between working at their archaeological digs.
Elizabeth Peters has been honored as a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Thank you! I've added the 1st book to my 'books to consider' shelf and will check the libraries nearby to see if they shelve them.