Jeffrey's Reviews > I'll Mature When I'm Dead: Dave Barry's Amazing Tales of Adulthood

I'll Mature When I'm Dead by Dave Barry

Jul 10, 2010

bookshelves: general-reading
Read in July, 2010

When I reviewed the last Dave Barry book, I agreed with the suggestion on the cover that you should not read the book in airports. Like walking around talking to no one, which seems to happen more and more these days, sitting in the waiting area laughing, wiping your eyes and trying to breath could attract unwanted attention.

For this book, I would add that if you read it around near a friend or loved one, they may get tired of your constant need to interrupt them to tell them what was so funny. And it is hard to describe why some of these essays are funny unless you read the whole thing.

While each piece is a gem on its own, the only reason I didn't rate this book higher is the lack of continuity and coherence between the different chapters.

But, hey, it was a great Father's Day present and great beach reading. Thanks Elliot!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Mature When I'm Dead.

06/14/2016 marked as: read