Cyndi Becker's Reviews > The Truest of Words

The Truest of Words by Georgina Guthrie

5 #SailorAndPoppet Stars

The Truest of Words is a thoughtful, sweet and at times funny conclusion to the angst that is intrinsic in Aubrey Price and Daniel Grant’s forbidden romance that is Georgina Guthrie's “Words” series. This series has long been on my TBR and I’m so thankful that I was able read the entire series, all three books, back to back, with this final book wrapping up the story in an truly unexpected way.

Told in alternating chapters from both of their perspectives we get a sort of 360 degree view of the couple. As with The Weight of Words and Better Deeds Than Words, much of this story is built around their interactions with friends and family, with Daniel’s family members at the core of the plot. There is a bit of University politics to contend with and both Aubrey and Daniel cleverly out think their foes and help to deliver some much needed justice. The story picks up right where Better Deeds than Words left us with Daniel and Aubrey pushing the boundaries of their student and teachers assistant roles. But in this part of the story, the growth of the trust between them is tested, but only by their own insecurities.

Georgina’s strong suite is undoubtedly her dialogue writing with Daniel’s conversations and jesting with his brothers adding brevity and an easiness to the flow. But its the banter between Aubrey and Daniel, which is smart, flirty and spicy, is what’s most fun. This shows us just how much they have come to like each other, which is a good thing considering that being together is what they have both been waiting for. It is wonderful to see the chemistry between them go from sweet to super sexy after two people have tried so very hard to play by the rules.

Daniel and Aubrey discover that although the path forward in their relationship is almost clear of obstacles, being in a relationship that others can recognize is just a small portion of what they battle. What makes this a thoughtful read is how Daniels’ issues with anxiety and Aubreys’ issues of abandonment are dealt with. I really fell for Daniel in this book and portion of the story and I completely empathized with his anxiety disorder. I love that he took a very brave path that allowed for forgiveness and helps him overcome the state of near perpetual panic that overshadowed his life. This alone endeared him to me and the transformation of their relationship is wrapped up so well in the final chapters and epilogue. This is a series that I highly recommend and I look forward to more stories by GG.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truest of Words.

November 17, 2014 – Started Reading