Elyse's Reviews > The Lotus Eaters

The Lotus Eaters by Tatjana Soli

Jul 09, 2010

I loved the 'Lotus Eaters' (I don't think I took time to write reviews on Goodreads at the time when I read it).

I loved 'The Lotus Eaters' so much that I pre-ordered Tatjana Soli's 2nd book "The Forgetting Tree". (which I'm now reading).
Its also 'fantastic'! (very engaging...'a page turner')

My only regret...(I gave away my signed copy of "The Lotus Eaters" (the beautiful hard copy). Some books are worth keeping and re-reading... "The Lotus Eaters" is that type of book!
Damn....(I blew it)....

However, I have a 2nd chance of recovery with "The Forgetting Tree". (I love this story 'as' much). I'm keeping this copy.
Tatjana will be in the Bay Area speaking Nov. 1st (Kepler's Book Store in Menlo Park).

I can't wait to hear her speak again. This time I will have finished reading it 'before' seeing her. (very fun).
Both books written 'beautiful'.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lotus Eaters.

Quotes Elyse Liked

Tatjana Soli
“Why did someone fall in love with you because you are one thing and then want you to be something else?”
Tatjana Soli, The Lotus Eaters
tags: love

Finished Reading
July 9, 2010 – Shelved

message 1: by Sheryl (new) - added it

Sheryl Sorrentino I actually gave up on this one awhile back. I didn't have the energy at the time to see it through. Maybe I will give it another shot in 2015 (though I gave away my copy as well).

Elyse I thought this book was fabulous!

Read my funny review (I think it was funny) about her 2nd book: "The Forgetting Tree". I loved that book too.

Then I went to meet her at Kepler's a 2nd time. (and had to share with the author my funny story of wearing something 'special' EVERY day for a week because of HER book!

I want to read her 3rd book. I have a request to read it from Netgalley --(if they turn me down --I'll purchase it) ---but my request is still 'pending'.

message 3: by Sheryl (new) - added it

Sheryl Sorrentino Elyse wrote: "I thought this book was fabulous!

Then I went to meet her at Kepler's a 2nd time..."
I was able to get Inside the O'Brien's from Netgalley the other day, based on your review. I will check out your review of The Forgetting Tree.