Laurie's Reviews > A Lick of Flame

A Lick of Flame by A.D. Marrow

A Graphic, Gritty, Deliciously Dark and Dangerous Romance

A Lick of Flame left me riveted and edgy. I couldn’t believe the grittiness within the pages of A Lick of Flame, but the richness of the story and was absolutely mesmerizing. For me, since I read a lot of feel-good romances, it was sort of like noticing someone who is injured in an accident and coming to their aid, though I’m terrified of the wreckage around them and the fatal wounds to their body. If this light description makes you queasy…be prepared for this sinister mystery romance to hold you captive and push your boundaries concerning horror and romance. It is well worth the read to connect with the characters cast in this story.

Dane is leader of the Kill Devil Crew, a group of outlaws fighting demons who are trying to take over the world with evil, gruesome murders, and violence. His heart belongs to Emme…a woman he could potentially kill, but who also has the job of mending the members (including Dane), of the Kill Devil Crew, when they incur injuries from fighting the demons.

I can usually go into great detail about the plot and story and characters, but simply put–you just have to read this book to digest the decadence of all the layers. There is so much to appreciate about Dane, his ultimate mission for his crew and for his love, Emme. It is clear this series will revolve around the crew and males mostly, instead of highlighting the lead females. Or at least it was that way in this book. All the men in the crew are badasses, and Dane was hot, skillful, and dominant. The world in A Lick of Flame was dark and suspicious. You will be pulled in, no matter what you normally read, but especially if you love dark horror and mystery with a great and thick plot.

-- Laurie Kozlowski

also posted at bookescapereviews.wordpress.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lick of Flame.

Started Reading