Yvonne's Reviews > Sins of the Heart

Sins of the Heart by Eve Silver

Jul 08, 2010

bookshelves: shelfari-favorites
Read on July 08, 2010

Sins Of The Heart is the first novel that I have read by Eve Silver and it did not disappoint. In fact, I have found my newest paranormal series to obsess over.

The story is the first of a trilogy that mixes romance with mystery and a bit of Egyptian mythology. At first, I was confused by all the talk about gods and demigods. But as the story progressed and more was explained (and my inner nerd starting showing), I quickly got the gist of what was going on and was able to enjoy a great read.

Dagan is a soul reaper. His job is to harvest dark souls from the most evil and deliver them to the Underworld so that the soul will not be recycled. Ten years ago, Dagan met a teenage Roxy Tam who had been kidnapped and possibly about to be murdered. Dagan was not there to take her soul but was attracted to the feisty young woman like a moth to a flame. He was also fascinated by the fact that no human had ever been able to sense his presence unless he let them. Feeling something that he could not describe, he freed her, killed her captors, instructed her to have a nice safe life, and left her. But since that night he has never been able to stop thinking about her.

Roxy was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Despite the reaper claiming to have saved her life, years of unspoken secrets have taken her freedom and cursed her with a fate far worst than death. She too had been unable to get the reaper out of her mind, but payback was high on her agenda and she wouldn't rest until she paid him in full.

Years later, Dagan's brother is murdered and he and his remaining brothers will stop at nothing to find the killers and a chance to reincarnate him. Strange events start to unfold as a hot whodunit leaves friends and enemies scrambling for answers. In the process of running down clues, Dagan accidentally crosses paths with Roxy, who is now become his enemy. Dagan crosses the line when he goes after her with a passion even the fires of hell cannot put out. He will give up everything and kill anyone that comes between him and his mate.

Dagan is my new book boyfriend because I loved everything about his character. He was dark and dangerous, a true alpha male when duty called. I liked the fact that he gave Roxy her space to do what she needed to do even though his instincts told him differently.

Roxy was also a good character. I loved the way she was able to remain strong and independent even though she had the deadliest of creatures stamping a "Mine" sign on her forehead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Heart.

07/08/2010 page 189