Barb Shuler's Reviews > Bruja

Bruja by Aileen Erin

bookshelves: arcs_review-copy, paranormal, urban-fantasy

First off, thanks to Eileen Erin and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review.

Secondly... Holy Moly! I loved it. Claudia's trek to Peru is one helluva ride. Or hike as it seems. And the magic we come across... just dang. Talk about a wild run in the forest. Playing with fire can either burn ya out or set ya free! I think I have a new favorite witch!

So... on with it....

Claudia, her twin Raphael and a few other witches has left Luciana's coven and joined forces with their cousin and her pack in order to take Luciana and her demon raising butt down. But when the unthinkable happens and Raphael is bitten by a demon she finds herself in a trek to the forests of Peru to look for a "white magic" that can take on Luciana and her "black magic".

When she arrives she meets a few members of the local wolf pack and with the help of Lucas, the packs Alpha she sets off on a journey to find the magic she seeks. As with any other thing that's happened to poor Claudia, nothing is as easy as you hope it to be. The hunt for the mages and their long lost magic takes her into a whole new world. Basically. Then her ex arsemuncher shows up and well you know that didn't end well.

With him causing problems, Claudia fighting her growing and unfamiliar attraction to Lucas, pissing off black mages (as in black magic wielders) Claudia finally catches a break. Then is slammed into a wall and has to be rescued by Lucas. Now with a clue as to where to go Claudia and Lucas set off to find the white mages. Along the way they come across a fae who calls himself Gobble. It's a frightening experience at first but once the magic is found a fight of the most epic proportions breaks out. It's up to Claudia to save her brother.... which means asking Gobble for help. Never good to owe a fae. But what has to be done has to be done.

Now with so many things in working order Claudia and her friends, along with Lucas head back to Texas. It's time to stop Luciana... one way or the other. This "war" she is in the process of starting.

Live or die it's time to fight and fight they will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bruja.

November 14, 2014 – Shelved
September 7, 2015 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
September 7, 2015 – Shelved as: paranormal
September 7, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs_review-copy
September 7, 2015 –
24.0% "Poor Claudia. The girl has the worst of luck!"
September 9, 2015 –
September 14, 2015 –
September 14, 2015 –
September 15, 2015 –
52.0% "Now we are getting to the "sparks" and I have a feeling a certain brujo is gonna get his arse handed to him. Puppy style! Ha."
September 15, 2015 –