Barb Shuler's Reviews > Alpha Unleashed

Alpha Unleashed by Aileen Erin

Nov 14, 2014

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, paranormal, young-adult, arcs_review-copy

First off thanks to Aileen Erin and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of Alpha Unleashed to read in exchange for an honest review.

Secondly... Holy Hell Fires, Batman! Talk about a super intense book. There were a few moments during the story where I seriously felt sick to my stomach. The characters, the story, it all melds into this awesomeness that Aileen presets in this last installment of The Alpha Girl Series. The struggles, the temptations, the 'what do we do now' it was a constant struggle to stay on top of everything. The witches, wolves and fea have to work their way through the craziness before them.

Here we go…

Luciana has struck again. This time she has truly lost it. She has killed the witches in her coven. Draining all of their power and life force. This meant the ones that were on the school's property as well. Anyone tied to Luciana through her blood oath, was gone. Now the race is on to get to the compound and see what all she has done. What they find is gruesome. More death, more destruction and now... the secrets out. Thanks to Luciana. But things don’t stop there.. no that would be too easy. As they try to sort out how to handle the situation the cops show up. Why, you ask. Because the few witches that had been in town when everything went bad keeled over, drained as the others. So a trail of bodies brought the cops right to them. That’s when the real fun began. (inter sarcasm)

Then… it all went up in smoke. So now we have Tessa, Dastian, Claudia, her new mate, Lucas, Raphael, Donovan, Meredith and the rest of the gang trying to sort out just what Luciana is doing. And where she'll do it. It's going to be a long hard battle that, for the most part everyone is prepared and ready for. But when Tessa finally lets go and lets her mind relax she has a vision. One that makes the road ahead scary as all get out. People will die, demons will be on the loose and Luciana is behind it all. But that is not acceptable. It can't come true.

As the group sets out to head off Luciana and the fun begins. Seems Luciana is a lot smarter than they give her credit for. On the run, hiding, Luciana gets back into the black arts. As it is the humans are becoming more and more on edge. The more Luciana sets the wolves up the more bad happens. Their not only fighting a supernatural war but now they are fighting the image that the humans have for them. It's time to chase her down and put an end to this once and for all... but the question is.. can what's been seen be unseen. Can the future change if you know what's coming? Or is it a design in fate? We will have to wait and see... it's up to these kids to save the world from an unseen predator.

This is the last book for the Alpha Girl Series (cries) but a note from Aileen says these characters that we love so much will be back. I will patiently, not so patiently wait for that day. I would like to see what other trouble these guys and dolls can get into.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alpha Unleashed.

November 14, 2014 – Shelved
September 16, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
September 16, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs_review-copy
September 18, 2015 –
September 18, 2015 –
11.0% "Holy hell.. I think something really bad is coming.. (sighs) poor pups"
September 19, 2015 –
27.0% "Well hell.... Didn't see that coming! Sheesh. Damn witches."
September 20, 2015 –
September 20, 2015 –
89.0% "And the fun begins... Again. Sheesh. Damn demons."
September 20, 2015 – Finished Reading