Realteenreviews's Reviews > The Akhenaten Adventure

The Akhenaten Adventure by P.B. Kerr

Jul 07, 2010

bookshelves: living-destinys-list

The Gist

Philippa and John Gaunt are twelve-year-old twins living in New York City. They are very different looking, but they think very similarly. During the summer, their wisdom teeth grow in. They have an operation to get them removed, and their Uncle Nimrod visits their dreams and tells them to come to London. When they do, they learn that they are djinn (a.k.a genie) with huge power. Upon learning this, they enter into a world of luck and adventure, and try to help keep the homeostasis of good and bad luck in check.

What We Think

Reviewed by Living Destiny

My cousin showed me this book series a while ago, but I still really like it. I think that Philippa and John are really strong characters. Also, I like the whole plot line. The control of luck is a pretty interesting and wide topic, and P.B. Kerr tackled it admirably. This book takes on a few foreign countries as well, and you can tell that Kerr did his research. All of the characters mesh really well together, even the more sinister ones. There are some pretty interesting plot twists, although some of them didn’t really surprise me (but that’s just me.) This series really sucked me in, and I can’t wait for the sixth book to come out. (There might be a movie in the works too YAY)!

Real Teen Rating~ A: Go buy now

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Akhenaten Adventure.