Jaclyn's Reviews > Blue Dahlia

Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts

Jul 07, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: author_nora-roberts, chick-lit, books-i-own, romance

What a great start to a new series! I love the three main female characters, and think their friendship is one of the best parts of the story. I can't wait to get to Haley's story, but I think it's the last in the trilogy. This book is Stella's: she was lucky enough to have had a fantastic marriage with a wonderful man, but he died in a plane crash and now Stella has to find a way to move on. She's extremly organized and an unabashed control freak. Logan on the otherhand is her exact opposite, no doubt a creative genius when it comes to landscaping, but a bit of a mess when it comes to organization. With this kind of personality clash, they don't get off on the best foot. What begins as a gesture of kindness and spontaniety, quickly spirals into something much more serious for both of them though.

The reason this one got three stars from me is because it seemed a bit abrupt and "convenient". I think that's because there was so much foundation that had to be laid to establish the grounds for the rest of the trilogy, that there wasn't a lot of time to devote to developing her main characters as much as I would have liked. There was just something lacking, but I can't put my finger on it exactly. In any case it was an enjoyable story and I can't wait to jump into Black Rose!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Dahlia.