Meredith (Austenesque Reviews)'s Reviews > Mr. Darcy's Little Sister

Mr. Darcy's Little Sister by C. Allyn Pierson

2073558
Jul 07, 2010

bookshelves: pride-and-prejudice, jane-austen

Georgiana Darcy, at the tender young age of sixteen, is preparing for a very momentous time in her life as her debut into society and first London Season are only a few months away. This would be a daunting enough experience for any young lady, but for the nervous, motherless, and shy Georgiana it is an insurmountable ordeal. Due to the stress and anxiety she is experiencing, Georgiana occasionally looses her equanimity and lashes out with a sharp tongue. The victim of Georgiana's snippety remarks is usually her affable and lighthearted cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam, especially when he has the misfortune to quiz her about her admirers!

To continue reading my review, go to: http://janeaustenreviews.blogspot.com...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy's Little Sister.

July 7, 2010 – Shelved
September 5, 2010 – Finished Reading
March 30, 2011 – Shelved as: pride-and-prejudice
March 30, 2011 – Shelved as: jane-austen

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue I enjoyed this book. I think it's supposed to be the same as her other book "And this our life Chronicles of the Darcy family" with a few revisions etc. In case you've read the first one I wanted to let you know. I've ended up buying two of some books because they've recently been redone (by a few words, basic story is the same). I was disappointed in myself that I had not checked it out or remembered that to be the case.

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews) Thank you, Sue! I actually didn't get to read this one when it as published as And This Our Life. I have heard good things about it and am excited to give it a try! It's smart to do a little research on books before you buy, because now so many self-published books are given new titles!

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue absolutely. I just have to remember to do the research before the excitement of buying kicks in...smiles. I know you'll enjoy it.

message 4: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue The writer did let me know that several things have changed......so maybe I should get it after all...I'll have to see. my budget for redone books is kind of small. My budget is small in general. lol That's what makes this site so good.

Meredith (Austenesque Reviews) Yes, I read that on her website. I wish I could be more helpful in telling you how much is new material or not but I never read ATOL. However, between Darcy's Voyage and Pemberley's Promise I am pretty confident that there aren't any plot changes.

message 6: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Thanks Meredith. I'll just have to see if my library ever gets a copy initially. Your input is anways appreciated.

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue Looks like you're almost done