Madelyne's Reviews > Green Rider

Green Rider by Kristen Britain

Jul 06, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, own, 2008, 2017, re-reads, audiobook, scribd, new-favorites
Recommended for: YES
Read 2 times. Last read October 1, 2017 to October 20, 2017.

** spoiler alert ** Karigan, a young woman, finds herself kicked out of school and running away to get home. Little did she know that running away would bring her so much adventure. It starts with her meeting a dying messenger bound to deliver a message to the king, whose lasts words employ Karigan to take the message to the king. Along the way she meets up with strange creatures, people who speak of magic, traitors, and the mysterious `Gray One'.
I purchased this book a while ago based on the recommendation from a friend who knows my taste in books well. When I started reading, I will admit I was a bit put off by the slowness of the story and a lack of any sort of love interest for the main character. Once I told myself to get over no love intrigue in the book and to enjoy the story, that's exactly what happened. I enjoyed the book! The author's attention to a fantasy world was done very well and to its history. Many scenes I thought were reminiscent of Lord of the Rings, only with her own style. Karigan, the main character, was convincing as a young woman unsure of where life will lead her. The many trials she faced and the courage she showed in persevering made the story even more enjoyable. At times the story got a bit too predictable, however, in a way it helped to keep me reading more to see if all my predication were correct. There was a very slit hint at a developing love interest toward the end (so don't give up on it completely). I look forward to the author's sequel. I'm sure it will be even better.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Green Rider.

Started Reading
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: re-reads
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook
October 24, 2017 – Shelved as: scribd
January 13, 2018 – Shelved as: new-favorites

Kristina Bishoff The sequel IS even better! Ah so good. And the other books in the series too.
Did you know there is going to be a book soundtrack for Green Rider?

Madelyne Kristina wrote: "The sequel IS even better! Ah so good. And the other books in the series too.
Did you know there is going to be a book soundtrack for Green Rider?"

All such great books! Wow I will have to check out the soundtrack. Thanks Kristina for sharing :).