Alexandra's Reviews > Scenes from the City

Scenes from the City by Penny Reid

photo 1412391680.gif

As a fan of Penny Reid's writing I was really excited to see how will she be able to captivate me with such short paragraphs - but, wow, was I wrong.
I fell in love all over again with her amazing and original characters. Each scene only made me remember why for me she's the master of romantic comedies - witty humor, splendid romance parts without them being cheesy or overly descriptive, her heroines show just enough vulnerability for them not to become the typical 'whiney woman' preferred by most authors, her leading men are incredibly realistic - you get the sense that you could walk down the street and meet an alpha Quinn, a drop dead gorgeous Italian God, a geeky computer hacker who would stop at nothing to make your dreams come true, a 'scary' bearded mountain of a man who loves Nietzsche and abhors technology and would rather write you letters. But the one who intrigued me the most was the college guy ( Greg) who could debate even the worst of ideals and in some way make me agree with him - it's takes great creative power to sway my beliefs and in some way miss Penny here did just that.

I would recommend this book to everyone who read the Knitting in the City series, but also to new readers who would love to get a sense of what Penny Reid's writing is like, even if you only read the last scene 'Ninja at First Sight'.

And as a last note - How am I going to survive till summer/ fall 2015 without knowing what happened on Fiona's date ;-)
 photo 1405485760.gif

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scenes from the City.

Started Reading
November 9, 2014 – Shelved
November 9, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Alexandra I can't wait to read this one! Great review Alexandra :)