Arlene's Reviews > Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

It takes guts to write a story like this one. Characters with flaws so evident it's written all over their bodies. You'll find characters that are wicked, cruel, a little crazy, a little weird and some who are good people. It's not a typical story and that's why I liked it so much! Flynn is a unique author willing to write about ugly, difficult and unusual topics. I'll be adding all of her books to my reading list!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sharp Objects.

October 29, 2014 – Started Reading
November 3, 2014 – Finished Reading
November 9, 2014 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Carrie (new)

Carrie Rubin I have this one on my shelf. I loved Gone Girl but didn't care for Dark Places as much. I look forward to getting to Sharp Objects. Flynn is definitely the master of creating unlikable characters.

Arlene I read Gone Girl first and loved her writing style. Sharp Objects is her first book and you can tell the difference, but it's very much worth the read. Enjoy!

Carrie wrote: "I have this one on my shelf. I loved Gone Girl but didn't care for Dark Places as much. I look forward to getting to Sharp Objects. Flynn is definitely the master of creating unlikable characters."