Tressa (Wishful Endings)'s Reviews > Hotwire

Hotwire by Cindy M. Hogan

bookshelves: book-tours, 2014, ya-mystery-suspense, series, new-adult

3.5 Stars

Hotwire was an adventure and suspense filled story about Christy, an eighteen-year-old spy who works for a US black ops unit. This is the second book in the series, but you could read the stories separately up to this point as the missions are completely separate. Christy is an interesting character as is her team and I like how their friendship and camaraderie develop as they work together. There is also some sweet romance, but it definitely isn't a focal point of the story.

I liked Hotwire much better than the first book. I think that is because the villains in this story aren't quite as manic and psychotic. It felt more authentic. There is still plenty of drama and some parts were unrealistic, but I enjoyed the story overall. The ending is intense and crazy. The author definitely wasn't afraid of letting her characters get a little, actually a lot, roughed up. I wasn't quite sure who would be alive at the end of this and who to trust.

Overall, an entertaining, through suspenseful and somewhat violent read. I would recommend Hotwire to those who enjoy reading YA or NA suspense.

Content: Innuendo, abuse, attempted rape, and violence.
Source: From the tour host, which did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hotwire.

November 8, 2014 – Shelved