Sandy Vaughan's Reviews > Left To Die

Left To Die by Lisa Jackson

Nov 08, 2014

bookshelves: audible, listened, modern, purchased, romance, mystery

They said: "In Left to Die, the Pinewood County Sheriff 's Department is on the trail of a cold-blooded killer who acts as a savior to women stranded during terrible mountain snowstorms before stripping them of their dignity and leaving them to die, a victim of the elements. But the killer's latest victim managed to escape, leading some to believe there may now be an imposter on the loose."

One vicious murderer.

Two vicious murderers.

One conclusion.

One trailer into the next book in the series.

ARG! Ok, maybe I understand the carry over but I don't have to like it! Especially as the carry over story is the MAIN story of book! Maybe I am being a bit harsh here as I have a bias against writers who employ this tactic. The story/stories are good and draw you along but I do wonder how much repetition will be needed in the next book.

I had no problem with the narrator as he did not detract from the story (which is what a good narrator should do).

Will I buy the next book? I don't know. Part of me wants see how Ms. Jackson manages to catch up new readers without boring readers of the first book. Part of me wonders about the motivation of the murderer. But it boils down to how invested I am to use another Audible.com credit.

Would I recommend this book to others? Yes, to people who like serial books and always start with the first book. Yes, to people who like a good mystery. Yes, to people who don't want a lot of really graphic sex scenes detracting from the story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Left To Die.

Started Reading