Travis Fortney's Reviews > Threats

Threats by Amelia Gray

Nov 07, 2014

My feelings about this book vacillated from annoyance at the beginning, to a kind of curiosity as to exactly what was going on with David and his various mental health issues in the middle, to an appreciation for Gray's sentences and plotting at the end. I ended up liking it quite a bit. The book wasn't perfect, and I never really cared about Frannie or what happened to her. Or about the "threats" David keeps finding around the house. I don't tend to like books that so obviously and deliberately withhold vital information from the reader. But "what happened" didn't really end up being the point in this one, and when the event at the book's center is finally revealed, I thought Gray handled it quite well. This book is something like an abstract painting of the aftermath of some terrible event. Hard to turn away from and quite beautiful in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Threats.

November 7, 2014 – Started Reading
November 7, 2014 – Shelved
November 7, 2014 –
0.0% "So much like Jac Jemc's "My Only Wife", which I didn't particularly enjoy, that I don't know if I'll be able to finish this one. Not in love with the character in any way."
November 21, 2014 – Finished Reading