Esther Bradley-detally's Reviews > A Time to Betray: The Astonishing Double Life of a CIA Agent Inside the Revolutionary Guards of Iran

A Time to Betray by Reza Kahlili

This was a hard book to read, and i have read a goodly amount about Evin prison, and a man who was Persian born, and a hostage, along with the other American hostage, but the extra one, asked me to write his book. I was too knew of a writer to do so. He has since passed.

Most people know there are 7 Baha'is in Evin right now, and much has been written of them. In fact the journalist who was freed writes about them also in her book. This book was hard, because the suffering was immense, the brutality so real, and his mission so gripping and I as a reader was always worried for his safety.

the hand of fate will simply visit those who torture others, and we in this generation cannot know when or how, and it isn't with vengeance I comment so; it's just that nothing we do goes unknown in a higher dimension.

I think the book it a must in that it gives tremendous insights into the suffering of the ordinary citizens of Iran and yet the heroic acts of some. My heart goes out to all who suffer.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Time to Betray.

Started Reading
July 3, 2010 – Finished Reading
July 4, 2010 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Bonnie Mende I loved the book for the authors candidness, for his bravery, and for him following the obvious leading of God.