Maria "Rosie" Poli's Reviews > Always Yours

Always Yours by Kari March

Nov 06, 2014

bookshelves: favorites, love-stories-soft

This is a very touching and loving story. Made me cry and laugh. When Cam and Cara catch each other’s eyes across the bar, they can’t deny the pull. The chemistry between them is HOT; and the connection they share is hard to resist. They each have had their heart broken and were abandoned by someone they loved. The interaction between Cam and Cara is very natural. They talk freely and the banter between them is very funny. Despite all this, the progression of their relationship is not immediate. Cam’s past holds him back from totally committing to Cara; and although Cara wants the relationship to progress to the next stage, she doesn't vocalize it because of her fear of abandonment.

When Cam’s past comes back into the picture this story takes some heart wrenching turns. Just when you think everything is going to work out between Cam and Cara, something happens. My heart was hurting at all the turn of events. The surprise revealed had my mind reeling. This is a great love story; a story that shows that the road to true love is not always a straight road. But, true love will survive all the twists and turns.

The supporting characters in the story played important roles without overshadowing Cam and Cara. Shay is Cara’s best friend and her sounding board. Her mother is her strength and shows her that one can move on and find happiness. Cam’s buddies are there for him to listen and support him; not afraid to tell him the truth.

I LOVED…LOVED…LOVED this story and recommend it. You will not want to put it down; every turn of event hooks you to continue to find out how it turns out. Cam and Cara both have a beautiful heart; I fell in love with them. Their struggle will tug at your heart.

I was provided with an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Always Yours.

Started Reading