Judy D Collins's Reviews > My De-Stress Diary: 52 Effective Tips for Less Stress and More Peace of Mind

My De-Stress Diary by Annika Sorensen

A special thank you to Dr. Annika Sörensen, author and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Dr. Annika Sörensen returns after her first book Take Stress from Chaos to Calm, which I thoroughly enjoyed, with My De-Stress Diary with 52 fun and easy de-stress tips to implement into your life.

We all experience stress and this small book can help change your life, and help you meet your goals and keep you on the path of feeling good with one de-stress tip a week, for your weekly food for thought.

Rather than sitting down and reading this book in one reading, would suggest breaking it down with a tip a week, to reflect and think about how the tip can relate to your own personal life. We all view things differently and apply them to our own individual lives.

If you are reading on an e-reader would suggest making notes and bookmarking pages as you go along, as you make your own individual action plan. As the book notes, when you make changes in one area, may result in changes in other areas.

I, for one am the worst at stress, as tend to be a perfectionist and workaholic, working around the clock, so always looking for ways to de-stress. I enjoyed Week Four, Reserve ME time, as our brains need to rest. By doing so, our brain will be more effective and you will get more done in less time; ultimately you will feel better. When we are stressed our blood is full of stress hormones and we are in chaos.

As an added bonus tip for Week 53, Garden therapy, which is very calming, as always have been a fan of solace and peace around God’s nature, especially a walk in the woods or overlooking a waterfall perhaps: Stress reducing works in two ways: by presence in nature and by moving your muscles which eats stress hormones

We are all responsible for our own changes in our lives, step by step. I would highly recommend Take Stress from Chaos to Calm, and My De-Stress Diary as the two books compliment one another. Dr. Annika Sörensen offers a helpful guide to use all year long and the next, beautifully packaged and ideal for gift giving and the upcoming holiday season.

About the Author:
Dr. Annika is an MD, specialized in family medicine and health promotion strategies. She has practiced in the Public Health System in Sweden for 25+ years helping her patients with, among other things, stress and stress-related issues. During the last few years, she has changed her focus from disease to health, with an emphasis on stress, health promotion, work assessment and other business related issues.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My De-Stress Diary.

November 6, 2014 – Started Reading
November 6, 2014 –
November 7, 2014 –
November 8, 2014 – Shelved as: books-read-in-2014
December 3, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Lin (new)

Lin Stepp I think I would like this one, too!

Judy D Collins Lin wrote: "I think I would like this one, too!"

Very good, the first one of course goes into more detail; however this one is a nice added bonus.