Sab H. (YA Bliss)'s Reviews > Moonglass

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

Jul 03, 2010

bookshelves: vine, own, light-realistic-epic, realistic-fiction, autographed

I wish I could live inside this novel. It's been a long time since one of my favorite parts of a contemporary novel was the setting. It's so amazing when you can mentally transport yourself and see where the characters are standing. This beach, the cottages and the overall feel while reading had me longing to run to the nearest beach. Glad it's not that far and I was able to finish the book right in front of the sea! Perfect summer beach-filled read. From experience, pages taste better with the waves crashing as a background.

To be completely honest, I was rather bored during the first half of the story. As pleased as I was with the setting, I just didn't feel a plot unraveling or the story building up to something. So the pull to read was low. BUT, and this is a huge but, I was SO wrong. Because the plot is, in fact, seamlessly building up and when it did unravel it was heart-stopping and perfect. I might have cried. It was just the perfect, perfect ending.

I also loved the easy-going drama-free romance. You could feel the insecurities we feel without the regular barrier to be together becoming an much of an issue. It felt incredibly real. It makes the book unusual and original. There are a lot of things going on at the same time with this one, but somehow Kirby makes it work and fit together. The characters were really well done too, and I especially loved Anna's dad. He was the perfect dad. I wanted to reach in and hug him.

Overall, this is a delicious summer read you should not miss!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglass.

July 3, 2010 – Shelved
June 13, 2011 – Shelved as: light-realistic-epic
June 13, 2011 – Finished Reading
October 12, 2011 – Shelved as: realistic-fiction
April 18, 2012 – Shelved as: autographed

Patricia (Patricia's Particularity) I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book~ I hope you will too

Sab H.  (YA Bliss) Glad to hear THAT! *excited*